The new Queen2 went through a total redesign compared to its successful predecessor. The goal was to bring another dimension of performance into the EN C class, and we feel certain that this ambitious goal has been reached.
The Queen2 excels in many ways, by bringing not only the best performance in its class, but also by being a very well-mannered royal lady in the air. We think of the Queen 2 as a “mid-level” EN C glider which will fulfill and supersede the expectations of any pilots going big in this class.
Preserving the aspect ratio nearly unchanged compared to the predecessor, the Queen2 will inspire confidence in all the variable conditions which you may face during long XC flights.
The Queen 2 is purpose-built to win Sport-class trophies in competitions all over the world. The Sports class is the new Serial class for pilots unwilling to accept the risk levels in Serial and Open class competitions, and for these pilots, as well as for pilots wanting to go on big XC adventures, the Queen 2 is nothing short of the perfect choice. In spite of the very high performance of this wing it is still a “solid” EN C wing with no surprises built in.
|Number of cells||73||73||73||73|
|Projected area (m2)||21.4||22||22.9|
|Flat area (m2)||25.3||26||27|
|Projected span (m)||9.9||10||10.2|
|Flat span (m)||12.6||12.8||13|
|Projected Aspect Ratio||4.6||4.6||4.6|
|Flat aspect ratio||6.3||6.3||6.3|
|Glider weight (kg)||5.1||5.4||5.9|
|In-flight weight range (kg)||79-99||95-108||100-120|
|Test reports||Test report||Test report||Test report||Test report|
|Line plan||Line plan||Line plan||Line plan||Line plan|
|CANOPY FABRIC CODE|
|Leading edge||Dominico 30D MF|
|Upper surface||Dominico 20D MF|
|Bottom surface||Dominico 20D MF|
|Profiles||Porcher Skytex 40 Hard 9017 E29|
|Diagonals||Porcher Skytex 40 Hard 9017 E29|
|Mini-ribs||Porcher Skytex 40 Hard 9017 E29|
|PPSL Liros, Edelrid A-8000-U|
|RISERS FABRIC CODE|
|Fabric||13 mm Kevlar reinforced Nylon webbing|
|Pulleys||Harken P18mm ball bearing pulley|
- Performance-wise the Queen2 is a high-end EN/LTF-C glider
- BPI – back position intake technology for spin and stall resistance and good stability at high speeds
- LDO Load distribution optimization
- VDO Visual design optimization
- STE smooth trailing edge
- OCV Optimized cross vents
- From a passive-safety point of view it is however much more comparable to the mid-level wings in this class – no hidden surprises!
- Great stability and neutral behaviour in strong thermals, for ease of piloting
- Clean canopy with complex, refined sail tensions and elaborate internal construction
- Direct handling with precise, intuitive control
- Improved 3d shaping (ballooning) on the leading edge
- Born with B/C steering system, for fast, efficient gliding
- EN / LTF C