Once you have purchased your glider it’s a good idea to adopt a routine maintenance schedule. Routine maintenance should include an inspection of the following: risers, lines, if there is kinking, sheath damage, or if they are severed, and the sailcloth for porosity.
If you need to have your glider sent in for an annual inspection, or you need a trim or change of lines Gandrafly is your best choice. We can even make new lines, thanks to our new special machinery. As we did learn from the best, school from Wasserkuppe. They have been in the free flying industry since the beginning, and are one of the best in the industry.
We will do everything within our power to get your equipment back to you as quickly as possible because we know how important it is. Our normal turnaround is one week.
The inspection includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Visual inspection of Top and Bottom services and Interior
- Porosity Check
- Visual inspection of all lines for wear
- Check lines within 1 cm tolerance
- Check brake lines for wear, proper adjustment, and attachment to handle
- Riser check – check trim w/1 cm tolerance and Visual inspection for wear, snaps, pulleys, speed system & stitching
- A detailed report of your wings inspection. This is great information if you plan on selling your wing!
If you don’t want to wait for a line to be delivered we can make your lines. If we don’t have the exact colour we generally manage a good match and always the same fabric and diameter. All our lines are made to order and to the exact manufacturer specification. We are equipped with the vast majority of line plans.
You can either give us the line code or length off the manufactures line plan in your service book, if available, or simply count the lines from the centre of the wing, note the level and whether an A, B, C, D, E or Brake Line. See example diagram below.
Different gliders have a variety of line levels from Main lines (attached to your riser) through to Upper lines (attached to your glider) with possibly mid lines in between.