The ALTIRANDO 3 is our reversible of choice. From one generation to the next, it becomes safer and more comfortable.
Three key points guided this new development:
- A pre-inflated and efficient AirBag at takeoff before being inflated by the relative wind.
- A new easier and safer parachute pocket with visual control of the safety locking mechanism.
- A volume and design with a better aerodynamic profile, notably a more compact AirBag shape.
In backpack version, the volume is slightly more fitted than with the ALTIRANDO2RS. Weight-bearing is efficiently distributed between the padded waist strap and the backrest with its load adjustment straps and compression straps.
During takeoff, the transition from running to sitting is evident. In flight, the adjustments and the geometry of the harness enable greater comfort adaptation to the pilot’s contour and flight posture: the backrest can be configured to adopt an upright position or more reclined, especially when using a foot-rest. The seat extension enables the pilot to adjust his body position toward the front of the seat-plate if necessary. Another adjustment enables fine-tuning of the seat depth to better fit the pilot’s body contour.
Complete safety with: a very efficient AirBag immediately working during the takeoff phase, an ABS ( Anti Balancing System ), leg straps with the Safe-T system, and a well located, easy to access reserve parachute pocket.
A – RESERVE PARACHUTE POCKET
B – AIRBAG UNDER THE SEAT WITH PRE-INFLATED INTERNAL CELLS
C – STORAGE POCKET
- Hike&Fly and Progression
Seating postures: Upright / Semi-reclined ( with foot-rest )
- Volume adjustable reserve parachute pocket under the seat with right sided handle and deployment sequence
- ABS ( Anti Ballancing System )
- Safe-T strap system
- Système anti oubli Safe-T-Bar
- 30mm self-locking carabinersSelf-locking light 25mm aluminum buckles
Gear / comfort
- Reinforced semi-flexible backrest and 3D mesh
- Speed-bar/Accelerator pulleys
- Speed-bar/Accelerator guiding sleeve alongside the seating area
- Wraparound side skirts
- Pre-equipped to accept a foot-rest ( self-retractable foot-rest only ! See FAQ )
- Elastic speedbar keeper
- Storage pocket inside the AirBag, and left lateral hip storage pocket
- Shoulder straps length adjustment
- Chest strap width adjustment
- Backrest adjustment
- Leg straps length adjustment
- Seat extension tilt adjustment
- Seat depth adjustment
- Nylon 210D Ripstop
- Nylon 100D
- Load-bearing straps
- Ergonomic shoulder straps
- Chest strap
- Hydration tube guides
- Padded waist strap
- Compression straps
- 75lt. Volume
- Stretch lateral side pockets
- Waist belt pocket
- Hiking pole connections
- Norme LTF
- Norme EN
|Pilot size (cm)||155 /175||170 /185||180 /195||190 /205|
|Pilot weight (mini – maxi) (kg)||60 – 80||65 – 85||70 – 100||90 – 120|
|Harness weight (+ carabiners+speedbar) (g)||3710||3750||3810||3890|
|A||Back lenght (cm)||57||64||70||75|
|B||Back inclination adjustment (cm)||35||37||38||41|
|C||Seat length (cm)||46||47||48||50|
|D||Seat width (cm)||35||37||39||41|
|E||Carabiners height (cm)||44||45||46||46|
|F||Carabiners distance (cm)||40-53||40-53||40-53||40-53|